- 10% increase in productivity of the packing operation
- Significant improvement and cost savings achieved through continuous improvement team projects
- Production planning process now supports the business’ daily requirements
- Formal problem solving methods implemented, working together to determine solutions
- Employees have the ability to deploy Lean tools to improve their operation
IDF required a business improvement programme to implement better planning processes across the business, to support increased productivity and output within the packing hall.
LBSPartners designed a multi-faceted change programme to address IDF’s improvement needs. The improvement programme first addressed the company’s planning process to align availability of material with resources. A redesign and new layout of the packing hall was implemented to improve product flow and support employee standard work.
A new visual management system (VSM) was implemented and supported by daily performance, issues and targets (PIT) meetings to openly discuss and resolve performance issues. A forum was created to help the production teams resolve more complex issues which arose from the daily PIT meetings.
Business process improvement training was provided to all employees in the production area, including management and supervisors. This training helped engage employees in the change process and enabled a cultural shift in behaviours towards a new lean approach.
LBSPartners are working on an ongoing basis with IDF to make further improvements throughout the business.