Lean Black Belt
Specialist Diploma in Quality Management Lean Systems
The Specialist Diploma in Quality Management Lean Systems, offered by the University of Limerick, is a Lean Black Belt course, recommended by LBSPartners. The programme enables participants to support their organisations to gain competitive advantage through the application of Lean principles to drive improvement with measurable results. Participants complete a company-based project as a key element of the programme, ensuring the integration of the various concepts in the workplace.
This programme is delivered by traditional distance education and online learnings together with a number of on-campus tutorials (approx. three Saturdays per semester). On-line discussions are moderated by a subject matter experts on elements of each module to reinforce the learning and maximise the benefit of the programme for participants. On-campus tutorials are held at the University of Limerick.
This programme forms part of the MSc in Strategic Quality Management Lean Sigma Systems. Those who have successfully completed the diploma programme may continue on to the MSc.
Who should attend?
The diploma is aimed at managers, engineers, supervisors and technicians who have responsibility for quality or continuous improvement within their organisations and for those who wish to develop knowledge and skills in the area of Lean systems.
What will I learn?
The programme comprises four taught modules and a company based project.
Lean Thinking/Lean Tools I
- The history of Lean Management
- Value Stream Mapping, waste elimination
- Workplace Organisation & Standard Work Techniques
- Rapid Improvement Methodologies
- The role of the supply chain in Lean systems
Lean Sigma, Project Management & Finance
- Techniques associated with developing project plans, schedules and budgets
- Concepts for developing, tracking and controlling the key constraints within which a project operates
- Best practices in managing project risks
- Key elements of managing project scope and that of associated processes pertaining to change in this regard
Lean Thinking/Lean Tools 2
- Organisation Planning Approaches
- Process techniques to support Lean implementation
- Building quality into the manufacturing process
- Bringing the customer into the Lean organisation
- The extended Lean enterprise
Leadership and Change Management
- Change management models and their application
- Organisational diagnosis and change management
- The leaders and their role in the organisation
- Stimulating and encouraging change