Intro to Lean for Leaders
Having the management team on the same page and committed to Business Transformation is key to success and long-term sustainability. The pursuit of Enterprise Excellence requires leaders to drive two types of activity, identifying the right thing to do and ensuring they are achieved through the right behaviour.
Introduction to Lean for Leaders explores the fundamental concepts which underpin Lean thinking. By the end of the course, participants will have a sound understanding of Lean concepts, wastes, tools and how they relate to:
- Driving Lean Transformations
- Continuous improvement and culture change in their organisation
- Bridging the current gaps in ability and behaviour to make a Lean Transformation reality.
Who should attend?
This training is primarily focused on senior organisational leaders who are preparing to lead an organisation-wide Lean Transformation.
- Gain a deep understanding of the principles which underpin Lean including: Value, Value Streams, Flow, Pull and Perfection.
- Awareness of the current Lean Transformation models
- Gain a meaningful understanding of the building blocks necessary for a successful Transformation
- Gain an overall contextual understanding of the relationship between Purpose, People and Process.
What will I learn?
Day 1 of the programme reviews the components of a Lean Transformation and provides a precise understanding of the fundamental concepts which underpin Lean Thinking. Topics covered include:
- A review of Transformational Models and the role of Enterprise Excellence. Benchmarking models are also covered such as Shingo, MOR and other internal models
- Practical simulation exercise, demonstrating the principles and concepts of Lean while observing the groups interaction in a simulated environment. The focus is on ensuring a deep understanding of the principles which underpin Lean including: Value, Value Streams, Flow, Pull and Perfection. Awareness of the 8 wastes which manifest themselves across all business environments and identifying opportunities for improvement across the organisation.
- Identifying the right things to do reviewing Hoshin Planning, Value Stream Mapping and how these tools can help define what should be done and allow the purpose and the practice to be aligned.
Day 2 of the programme focuses on the primary tools the organisation will need to implement during the Transformation. Building on the conceptual learnings from Day 1 and the tools reviewed over the course of the day. Participants will be able to define the gaps to be closed in the Lean Transformation. Topics covered include:
- Visual Management: Provides an understanding of the role of Visual Management and its components 6S, Standard Work and the PIT in a Lean Management System
- Lean Leadership: Management activity that ensures the effectiveness of the Lean Management System including Gemba and Leaders Stanadard Work
- People Development:Review the role of people in the Transformation and the development they require
- Continuous Improvement: Provides an overall contextual understanding of the scientific method its manifests and purpose.
The course will conclude with an evaluation of the organisations current capability based on selected elements of the MOR Benchmarking Model.
To apply for this course to be delivered in your company, simply contact LBSPartners on 061 518408 or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will talk you through the process.