Performance Appraisal training is designed for managers with responsibility for appraising the performance of their direct reports. This programme looks at the issues that affect the appraisal process. The course covers proven tools and techniques. It challenges management to look at how they execute the performance appraisal process for their people. Participants learn how to develop better appraisal processes and how incorporate best practice to ensure consistency of the process across the business. The training program will be delivered as an interactive skills workshop.
Who should attend?
This programme is best suited to personnel involved in leading teams, supervising or managing people.
What will I learn?
- Understanding the process
- Preparation for the performance management interview
- Resolving conflicts arising in the process
- Performance and development basics
- Engagement with the team member in the process
- Preparing the performance management activities
- Challenging and probing in the interview
- Negotiation skills
- Using the templates to capture information
- Bias and prejudice – facts v opinions
- Goal setting
Core competencies developed
- Caring about direct reports
- Developing direct reports
- Hiring and staffing
- Motivating others
To apply for this course to be delivered in your company, simply contact LBSPartners on 061 518408 or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will talk you through the process.