Lean Yellow Belt Training
Yellow Belt Introduction
Problem solving is one of the key factors to successful Lean implementation; sustaining a Lean transformation requires continuous problem solving by everyone in the organisation. In the context of continuous improvement, it is a never-ending process. Yellow belt training includes a suite of problem solving tools which can be employed to increase profitability, lower costs and improve customer satisfaction.
Who should attend?
Yellow Belt training is essential for the front line support team such as supervisors, team leaders and support personnel to ensure that problems are resolved at the appropriate level in the organisation. The long term goal would be to train all levels of the organisation to this level to allow the organisation to make Lean Transformations a reality.
The yellow belt course covers the underlying concepts behind Lean Thinking with particular emphasis on problem solving, root cause analysis and the application of the DMAIC cycle: Define-Measure-Analyse-Improve-Control to implement solutions. Yellow Belt training includes details on the most commonly used problem solving tools such as 5 whys, Ishikawa’s seven problem solving tools, and the A3 process.
What will I learn?
Participants will be provided with the knowledge and capability to:
- Identify and make problems visiable
- Use structured problem solving methodologies, i.e. Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) and Define-Measure-Analyse-Improve-Control (DMAIC)
- Use tools to define the problem: SIPOC, Process Mapping, Run Charts
- Use of analysis tools: Histograms, Pareto Analysis, Scatter Charts
- Use tools to root cause problems: 5 Whys, Cause & Effect Diagrams
- Use Sustaining Tools, Control Charts and Visual Control
- Select and use the appropriate tools to solve problems and sustain improvements
- Successfully apply the A3 process.
To apply for the yellow belt course to be delivered in your company, simply contact LBSPartners on 061 518408 or alternatively email email@example.com and a member of our team will talk you through the process.