LBSPartners – Lean Consultant
John has vast experience in various aspects of the food business, particularly in the areas of NPD and Operations Management. In particular, food product development encompassing a wide variety of products including meat products, pizza ingredients, soups sauces, ready meals and pastry products. John also has a strong large scale food production background at an Operational Management level, ranging from manual assemble to fully automated production lines. John is detail oriented with a professional approach and a strong work ethic with substantial experience of working to ambitious targets and deadlines.
Dawn Fresh Foods – Operations Manager
John was responsible for all aspects of the day to day running of a modern 80,000sq. ft. frozen ready meal manufacturing plant with 150 employees. John was a direct manager to the Chief Engineer, Purchasing and Logistics Manager, Production Manager and the HR function. In this role, John was involved in on-going NPD along with plant and equipment design and purchasing.
Dawn Fresh Foods – Research/Development Manager
In this role John was responsible for product & packaging design and development for the retail and food service customers. This included all types of meat products and ready meals
John began his career as a trained Chef (City & Guilds) with experience from Switzerland, France and the West End of London as well as Ireland.
- Developed products and process that led to a business growth in excess of 35% year on year over a 10 year period.
- Managed the transition from a relatively small mostly manual production operation, to a much larger multi functional unit with a combination of manual, semi-automatic and fully automatic production lines
- Set up internal training structures that resulted in all operative staff getting City and Guilds certification under the in house programme
- Took an underperforming restaurant complex and turned it round with more than double the turnover an quadrupled profits in the space of 12 months
- Project managed major (>10M) expansion doubling existing capacity
Diploma in Corporate Direction
-University College Cork
Graduate HCIMA (UK)
-Ealing and Westminster Colleges, London
City and Guilds Professional Cookery
– St.Mary’s Catering College