Senior Lean Consultant
LBS Partners – Senior Lean Consultant
Ken is a Senior Lean Consultant who brings more than 20 years experience in Leadership, Engineering, Maintenance, Operational Improvement, Lean Manufacturing, Project Management, Product Transfer, and Facility Management across our client sectors. He provides flexible, highly focused, value-adding services through well-defined deliverables and measurable success criteria.
Tcoag Ireland – Director of Engineer and Projects
Reporting to the Site Director, Ken was responsible for:
- Managing the delivery of capital projects to increase production output
- Implementing Lean Manufacturing Tools e.g. Value Stream Mapping and 5S
- Leading cross-functional teams to transfer product manufacture from France to Ireland
- Implementing preventative and corrective maintenance processes for approx. 350 items of equipment in a 7000m2 facility with a budget of €1,200,000
- Providing technical expertise on core technologies including Lyophilisation, Vial Filling/Capping, Purified Water, Flash Pasteurisation, etc.
Tcoag Ireland & Trinity Biotech PLC – Director of Manufacturing & Engineering
Reporting to the Site Director/VP of Operations, Ken was responsible for:
- Leading production team of approx. 80 personnel to deliver product volumes to meet supply chain demand across a range of 70 products
- Managing the transition of production and engineering to Tcoag Ireland following acquisition by Diagnostica Stago
- Managing capital projects, engineering technical support and maintenance
Prior to working with Trinity Biotech, Ken seven years working for Intel in senior manufacturing and project engineering management roles. He led a multi-disciplined team of engineers, overseeing and approving designs for major projects, developed by external companies; including the Fab 24-2 expansion project. Ken started his career with Fingleton White & Co. as a project engineer, reporting to the MD, he was responsible for the design of Gas, Steam and other utility systems for Combined Heat and Power projects in the Dairy and Brewing sectors.
- Maintained compliance with applicable Quality and Regulatory standards in all aspects of production and engineering.
- Successfully led the complex process of separation of engineering and production functions from Trinity Biotech to Tcoag Ireland following the acquisition of the business by Diagnostica Stago, while maintaining production output.
- Successfully completed capital investment programmes of approx. €4,000,000 across multiple projects, over a 5 year period.
- Successfully completed the transfer of manufacturing of two products from France to Ireland on time and within budget.
- Successfully completed Value Stream Mapping of production process and follow-on projects that delivered new production floor layout and efficiencies.
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
University College Dublin
Certified Project Management Diploma
Institute of Project Management Ireland
Certificate in Lean Manufacturing Tools
Development Programmes completed in:
- Emotional Intelligence
- Stakeholder Management
- Performance Management